Thursday, March 8, 2012

The art of work that I recently heard was "Take Care" from Drake who is signed with YMCMB. Take Care is definitely my favorite Album from 2011. The songs in his Album were simply outstanding. A lot of the songs were slow beats except HYFR feat: Lil Wayne. His songs all have meaning and have a catchy hook. Even though most of his songs were love songs there were songs that stuck out more than others. "Look What you've done" was Drake rapping about the hard times with his mom, Grandmother and Uncle and how they used to argue but Drake's family loved him and took care of him throughout all the hard times. A quote from the song is "After all the things that we been through, I got you. Look what you've done,look what you've done, Look what you've done for me now. You knew that I was gonna be something We stressed out, and you need some, I got you. Look what you've done, look what you've done" He raps about how his family helping him out and how if his family members needs anything, hes going to help them out. Another song that stands out in Drake's Take care Album was "Shot For Me". It has a clever hook and attracts you to repeat the song over and over again. "Shot Foe Me" and "Take Care" Feat: Rhianna are probably the well known songs from his album. I also enjoyed Drake's work of art because just when you think the song is finished, a short interlude of another song comes on. Drake's "Take Care" album always relaxes me because of the soft and smooth instrumentals he plays behind his deep lyrics. The first track on his album is "Over my dead body" which really reached out to many people I know who heard his album. A memorable quote from that song is "Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time". Quotes like those are what draw me to music like his and the strong lyrics that make me think.

No comments:

Post a Comment